Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA)
Stride is able to offer services to patients who have been involved in a motor vehicle accident. There are a few important steps to take after being involved in an accident to ensure that your health and medical coverage are fully addressed.
Prior to seeking Physiotherapy Treatment
- Report the accident to your vehicle insurer. Your insurance provider will likely have a recommended clinic for your treatment; however, you ultimately have the choice of where you attend.
- Make an appointment with your physician who will evaluate your symptoms and provide you with some solutions. Your doctor can prescribe medications, request imaging, and rule out serious medical issues.
- Book an assessment at Stride within 10 days of your accident.
At Your First Appointment
You will be required to fill out a form regarding your accident (AB-1) for your insurance company. Your insurance will then authorize a certain number of treatments based on your assessment with your physiotherapist. Information that we require before your first visit are:
- Your MVA adjuster’s name
- Your personal contact information
- Your policy/claim number (given to you by your adjuster)
The Stride team will assist you in navigating the paperwork and submit your forms from our clinic to make it easier for you. If you have any questions regarding your motor vehicle accident, please contact our office at 403-343-8891 or via e-mail at email@example.com
We currently DO NOT have an Alberta Health Care contract or Worker’s Compensation (WCB) contract. We are unable to bill to either of these at this current time.