What is bracing?
Braces are products that help to stabilize joints, reduce swelling and prevent future injury. They are often used by people after injuries or during risky or painful activities. Braces can help mitigate the chance of re-injury when we are attempting to heal and re-gain strength and stability in an area.
Why buy a brace?
Braces are beneficial for the following people/conditions:
- Recurrent joint sprains
- Athletes for injury prevention (i.e. ankle braces for soccer and football players)
- Athletes playing/practicing through an injury
- Ligament injuries
- Peri-pregnancy low back or pelvic pain
- Arthritic joints
What brand(s) do you carry?
The majority of the products that Stride carries comes from Push (Netherlands) and M-Brace (Italy). We carry braces for:
- Knees- patellar stabilization, ACL and MCL injuries, osteoarthritis
- Sacroiliac (SI) joints- sprains, instability
- Ankles- sprains
- Thumbs- arthritis, tendinitis
- Wrists- instability, sprains, carpal tunnel syndrome
- Elbows- golfers or tennis elbow
Will my brace be covered?
Coverage for braces varies among different extended health benefit plans. Often, braces are covered with a prescription from your Doctor. Check your plan to see if you have coverage.